- The Photographers‚Äô Gallery.
- First prize of ¬£30,000, and ¬£3,000 for the three runners-up, with an exhibition at the Photographer‚Äôs Gallery for all four shortlisted candidates.
- Artists can be of any nationality and are nominated on the basis of a previous exhibition/publication within Europe.
- Rewards artists who have made a ‚Äòsignificant contribution‚Äô to the medium of photography in Europe over the previous year.
- Candidates are nominated by an independent academy of experts and are subsequently judged by a jury of four.
The Deutsche B√∂rse Photography Foundation Prize is an annual exhibition and award of ¬£30,000 presented at The Photographers‚Äô Gallery, London (and subsequently to select venues). Originally established by the Gallery in 1996 as the UK‚Äôs first dedicated photography award, it continues to identify, debate and celebrate innovative and original photographic practice from across the world.
Open to any living photographer and body of work (across any format or genre) produced and/or exhibited in Europe the previous year, the Prize rewards outstanding contribution towards the photographic medium and reflects the myriad ways photography engages with the world today.
2017 marks the Prize‚Äôs 20-year anniversary and reaffirms its position as a barometer of talent and excellence, introducing photographers and works that exemplify exceptional viewpoints and bold practice to wide audiences.
Deutsche B√∂rse Photography Foundation
The Deutsche B√∂rse Photography Foundation is a Frankfurt-based non-profit organisation. The foundation activities focus on collecting, exhibiting and promoting contemporary photography. Deutsche B√∂rse began to build up its collection of contemporary photography in 1999. Art Collection Deutsche B√∂rse now comprises more than 1,600 works by over 100 international artists. Expanding the Art Collection Deutsche B√∂rse is one of the key aims of the foundation. The collection and a changing exhibition programme are open to the public. Together with The Photographers’ Gallery in London, the foundation awards the renowned Deutsche B√∂rse Photography Foundation Prize each year. Other focal points include promoting new talent, supporting exhibition projects of international museums and institutions, and the expansion of platforms for academic discussion about the medium. Further information is available at www.deutscheboersephotographyfoundation.org