- Nine prizes of up to ¬£250 across categories such as still life, landscape/seascape, Townscape, Textile and Digital Art. The work of around 100 finalists has been displayed in full-scale exhibitions at varying locations.
- In 2012, EAC Art Awards introduced a dual judging and prize structure, with separate beginner and more experienced/semi-professional artist categories.
- Aims to celebrate the creativity of older artists.
The EAC Over 60s Art Awards competition is non-profit making and is run by EAC (Elderly Accommodation Counsel) a UK based housing advice charity.
- To celebrate, showcase and reward the work of older artists – aged from 60 to 100+.
- To foster and support opportunities for older artists to participate in creative activity, as not only rewarding in its own right, but also for its positive effect on overall physical and mental well-being.
- To develop an online community of artists, and promote the use, benefits and joys of new technology, particularly among our older entrants.