Green & Stone, supplier of specialist Art Materials and Picture Framing was first established in Chelsea in 1927, and is one of the longest running shops on the popular Kings Road.
The shop was originally based within the Chenil Gallery, whose directors were Augustus John and Bernard Shaw. Green and Stone moved to its current site at 259 Kings Road in 1934, where Mr Alfred Green and his sons Alfie & Peter continued to run the shop primarily as a picture framing business, with what was then, only a small Art Materials section.
259 Kings Road was previously run as a shop for the Womens Suffragette Movement.
For the serious artist, Green & Stones independent status has meant that it has consistently striven to offer the Finest Materials available today, including, Artist’s Oil Colours by Michael Harding, Sennelier, Winsor and Newton and Charvin.
Watercolours by Schmincke and Winsor and Newton.
Acrylics by Golden, Liquitex and Daler Rowney.