- Northern Print.
- Took place in 2009, 2011 and 2014.
- Top prize of ¬£6,000. The scheme also hosts an open exhibition that takes place across multiple venues in Newcastle and Gateshead.
- Eligibility is a loose interpretation of ‚Äò‚Ä¶all artists whose work encounters print‚Äô. Since this is an international award, there is no restriction on applicant nationality.
- Focus of the award is to encourage, recognise and reward artists making prints.
- Selection for the exhibition and subsequent prizes is managed by a panel of three, which is comprised of a curator, artist and master printer. Selectors are also each permitted to invite one artist to display work.
Printmaking has always been referred to as the most democratic of¬†artforms due to its unique ability to share information and ideas. The¬†invention of print heralded a new age of sharing knowledge and ideas¬†across many peoples and cultures – its arrival no less a revelation in¬†mass communication than the advent of the Internet.