- Film London, Channel 4 and The Whitechapel Gallery.
- One award of ¬£10,000 and a broadcast commission from Channel 4, worth ¬£20,000.
- Any mid-career film-maker from the UK can be put forward for the prize.
- Focus on innovative artist film-making ‚Äì ‚Äò‚Ä¶the award is a means of recognizing artists who are changing the rules of the game‚Äô.
- Ten artists shortlisted for a single prize. Winner chosen by a jury of five, including representatives from The Whitechapel Gallery and Channel 4.
Launched in 2008 and inspired by visionary filmmaker Derek Jarman, the Jarman Award is unique within the industry in offering both financial assistance and the rare opportunity to produce a new moving image work.
Previously shortlisted artists include Duncan Campbell, Marvin Gaye Chetwynd, Luke Fowler, Elizabeth Price and Laure Prouvost, all of whom went on to be shortlisted for or win the Turner Prize.
Each year one artist is selected from a shortlist of up to ten artists to receive a ¬£10,000 cash prize. The award is additionally supported through an on-going series of broadcast commissions for Chanel 4’s Random Acts strand.