How to Configure and Use Shipping
Shipping can be confusing and we have and continue to do a lot of work to make it easier for you to configure your shipping methods. We have laid out some step by step instructions here which we hope will assist you.
Our shipping platform is based on ‘woocommerce’ and so you may find some good video based instructions relating to ‘woocommerce shipping’ on the internet to help you too.
1. Login to your seller account. (if you have not already)
2. Navigate to Seller
Vendor Dashboard →
From here, you can add shipping methods by clicking on Edit or Add Shipping Method.
A new page will open.
From here you can choose to limit zone location for your collectors and also add new shipping methods.
To add shipping methods, vendors need to click on Add Shipping Method and select one from the drop-down.
In this way, you can add unlimited shipping methods. By hovering over the shipping method, you can edit and delete. And the toggle button can be used to enable/disable a shipping method.
You can also limit zone location using postcodes that apply to customers purchasing from that zone.
3a. Flat Rates
Each Shipping Zone can have different(and multiple) Flat Rates if you wish.
1. To make changes to a shipping method, you need to click Edit.
2. You can change the Title if you want to or keep it as default. This title displays to collectors in checkout.
3. Next you have to add the Cost (this is applied to the entire cart).
4. Select your Tax Status (define whether or not tax is applied to the shipping amount).
5. You can also type a Description for this method if you prefer.
5. Click on Save Settings.
3a.i. Shipping Classes – Vendor Settings
Shipping classes won’t apply unless you specify it from Edit Product.
We need to first create the shipping class (as shown above) before the you can access them from your dashboard. If you need a shipping class which has not already been created, contact us at [email protected] and we will apply the change for everyone’s benefit.
You can specify shipping class costs for all the shipping classes that we have created. You will be able to access these classes for the Flat Rate method only.
You can specify his own conditional rates for the shipping classes.
Then select the cost when no shipping class will apply.
You can also select the Calculation Type:
- Per Class: Shipping rates will apply accordingly class-wise.
- Per Order: Shipping rates will apply on the total order cost, and the most expensive shipping class rate will apply.
3a.ii. Configuring Product-wise shipping class
- Navigate to Store→Vendor Dashboard→Products.
- Select the product you want to add shipping class to by hovering on the product name and click on Edit.
- Scroll down to the section that reads Shipping and Tax.
4. First enable the checkbox “This Product Requires Shipping”.
5. Next, input the details as required for weight, length, width and height.
6. Now select the shipping class you want to apply to this product from the drop-down.
7. Select Tax Status and Tax Class.
8. Click on Save Product.
Note: Each product can have one shipping class.
The rule is if the Flat Rate and Shipping Class rate both are defined, then both will apply when the colletor is checking out.
For example, if you have set Flat Rate at $10, and Precious Items Shipping Class Cost at $10*[qty], and your customer select 1 gold bracelet, then your shipping cost will be $10+$10* = $20.
Note: You must set the shipping class for this particular product from Vendor Dashboard→Products→Edit→Shipping and Tax so it works.
3b. Local Pickup
In Local Pickup, customers can pick up the order themselves from a designated location.
1. To make changes, hover over the shipping method and click on Edit.
2. Enter a Title that displays to customers in checkout – some shops change the title to Local Delivery, for example.
3. Enter Cost – Cost for the option, is applied to entire cart.
4. Select Tax Status. Then click on Save Changes.
3c. Free Shipping
Free shipping is a great way to encourage customers to spend more. For example, offer free shipping on orders over $100.
1.Enter a Title that displays to customers in checkout.
2. Enter a Minimum Order Amount (if applicable).
3. Click on Save changes.
That’s all about configuring Shipping in your ArtMarketDirect gallery!
If you have any questions – get in touch.